Choose the right name
Choose the right name it is of paramount importance if you will have a perfect Instagram profile. The name you choose, in fact, allows users of the community to remember you or your company and associate the name chosen on Instagram with the product or service you want to promote or, if it is a profile used for "private" purposes , with your person.
So what are the characteristics that your name should have on Instagram? It should be brief, easy to remember, nice to pronounce and most importantly, it should be attributable to you or your business: this is why it could be a good move to use your own name and surname or that of your company as a username, instead of a fancy username (eg @ nomedifantasia96).
If you already have an Instagram profile and you don't like your name, as it does not meet the requirements mentioned above, you always have time to change it. Here's how to do it.
- From mobile - access Instagram from its app for Android or iOS, tap on thelittle man located at the bottom right and press the button Edit profile / Edit, placed at the top. Then type the new username you want to use (in the text field Username / Username) and save the changes made by pressing the button (✓) or your voice end (in alto to destra).
- From PC - access Instagram from its main page or from its Windows 10 application, click on yours profilo's photo at the top right, click the button Edit the profile placed next to your current username and, on the page that opens, write your new username in the text field Username. Finally click on the blue button Send at the bottom of the page, to save the changes made.
For more "tips" on how to call yourself on Instagram, I refer you to the in-depth analysis that I have entirely dedicated to the subject. I'm sure it will allow you to find various ideas on which name to choose for your Instagram account.
Use a proper profile picture
THEprofile picture that you choose to use on your Instagram account will be one of the first things that users will notice and that is why you have to choose a suitable photo. To choose the most suitable photo for your account, I recommend that you evaluate the purpose you want to achieve with it.
If, for example, you want to advertise your person, the ideal would be to set a profile photo where your face is clearly visible (a half-length photo should be just fine). If, on the other hand, you want to advertise your company, the choice should fall on the logo of the latter.
In any case, make sure that the photo is of quality: maybe take a look at my guide on how to look good in the photo for some technical advice on how to make the photo to use as a profile picture.
Write a good profile bio
Write a good bio it can help to significantly improve the appearance of your profile and can be a very useful tool to present it in the right light to the Instagram community. Some users make the mistake of not inserting it at all or, in any case, of not taking care of it properly: don't fall into the same mistake too!
Rather, use the bio to intrigue users and encourage them to follow you, perhaps by entering information about you or your business. To try to be as neat as possible, you can organize this information in a bulleted list: the final result will be more than appreciable. If possible, try to add a funny touch to your profile description, perhaps using some emojis. Below you will find out how to add or edit your Instagram bio.
- From mobile - access Instagram from its app for Android or iOS, tap on thelittle man at the bottom right and, in the screen that opens, press the button Edit profile / Edit. In the screen that opens, write the text of the biography in the text field next to the item Bio / Biography and save the changes made by pressing the button (✓) or your voice end (in alto to destra).
- From PC - access Instagram from its home page or from its Windows 10 application, click on yours profilo's photo located at the top right, click on the button Edit the profile placed next to your username and, on the page that opens, write the text of your bio in the text field Biography and save the changes made to the profile by clicking on the blue button Send located at the bottom.
Add featured stories
Add featured stories on your Instagram profile, maybe they are thematic, that make explicit the purpose of the profile and / or that they act as "thematic collectors" of the best contents you post on the social network, can make your account more attractive. How can you create a featured story?
First, access Instagram from its app for Android or iOS, tap on the symbol oflittle man located at the bottom right and, in the screen that opens, presses the button (+) New located on the left. Scroll, therefore, the screen opened, identify the contents to be included in the story in evidence, select them, press on the item NEXT (top right), write the name you want to assign to the story in evidence and, after possibly changing the cover of the same, tap on the item Finish / Add (top right and that's it.
Regularly create quality content
Those who come to your profile should be impressed above all by the content you create. For this, I invite you to regularly create quality content. The photos and videos you post on your profile, therefore, should be impactful, with no particularly obvious flaws or "smudges".
Not very good at making quality content? Take a "spin" on the insights where I explain how to take beautiful photos for Instagram, how to take beautiful photos and how to take beautiful photos with your mobile: they contain technical advice on making satisfying shots that will surely help you to improve in this respect.
If a photo is not perfect, you can try to "save" it using the Instagram filters or you can retouch it with photo editing apps (eg. Snapseed) or, even better, with photo editing programs for PC (eg Photoshop and GIMP).
Define your style
Instagram is frequented by billions of users and that's why it's important define your own style, so as to have uniformity of the contents in the profile or, in any case, a well recognizable imprint, which allows other users to associate a specific type of content to the profile visited.
How can you define your style and thus avoid "homologating" to the rest of the community? Try to be as original as possible, perhaps by posting particularly sought-after photos and videos, outside the box: others will notice it and may feel compelled to follow your account and, why not, to feed its popularity with "word of mouth".
I conclude this guide with other suggestions that could help improve your profile or, as you can see, not "deface" it with incorrect and potentially harmful behavior.
- Don't overdo the hashtags - as I explained to you in this other guide, using hashtags can give greater visibility to posted content, but be careful not to use too many, because you would risk using some that are not congruent with the published content, which could "annoy" users who they used them for their own Instagram searches. Much better to limit yourself to using only hashtags that realistically describe the contents created, even if they are relatively few.
- Don't buy followers - buy followers in an artificial way through specific apps and services, will make your profile seem "fake" and unappetizing in the eyes of customers or companies interested in any collaborations. Furthermore, Instagram does not look favorably on those who gain followers in an unnatural way, which could lead to the closure of the account in the worst case scenario.
- Don't use bots - for the same reasons mentioned in the previous point, avoid using bots, or those services that use algorithms that can automate managed profiles to increase their interactions, visibility and popularity. If you do so, the apparent popularity you might gain from them will be of no use to you and may even be counterproductive.
For more tips on how to become popular on Instagram and how to be successful on Instagram, take a look at the insights I linked to you: I really think you will find them useful.How to have a perfect Instagram profile